Renowned for its velvet-like deep black hue and enchanting egg-shaped body, the Black Ranchu is a cherished variety in the goldfish world. Often referred to as the "king of goldfish," this breed is celebrated for its elegant and refined appearance. Its calm demeanor and endearing personality make it a favorite among aquarists and a symbol of opulence and good fortune in water gardens and indoor tanks alike.
- Iconic egg-shaped body and finless back
- Luxurious, matte black coloring that stands out in any aquascape
- Amiable and peaceful, ideal for community tanks with non-aggressive species
- Compact size makes it suitable for a variety of tank sizes
Black Ranchu goldfish prefer clean, still water with ample space to roam. They are best kept in tanks with gentle filtration and plenty of surface area for adequate gas exchange. Regular water changes and attentive monitoring of water parameters are crucial for maintaining their health. They enjoy a diet rich in varied nutrients, consisting of high-quality goldfish pellets, leafy greens, and the occasional treat of brine shrimp or bloodworms.
- Scientific Name: Carassius auratus
- Preferred Temperature: 20-22°C (68-72°F)
- pH: 6.5-7.5
- Size: Up to 6 inches (15 cm)
- Diet: Omnivorous
- Minimum Tank Size: 20 gallons per individual
- Temperament: Peaceful
Due to their unique body shape, Black Ranchu goldfish are not strong swimmers and should be kept with tank mates that do not outcompete them for food. They also have delicate fins and scales, requiring a habitat free of sharp objects and aggressive fish to prevent injury.