The Snakeskin Discus is an exotic and striking species renowned for its intricate pattern resembling that of a snake's skin. This variety stands out in any aquarium with its dynamic markings and is highly prized by Discus enthusiasts worldwide.
- Complex snakeskin-like pattern across the body
- Vibrant hues and a shimmering sheen
- Social and peaceful, best kept in groups
- Highly sought-after by Discus collectors
Snakeskin Discus prefer soft to medium-hard water, with temperatures kept between 27-30°C. They require high-quality, varied diets, with a preference for protein-rich foods to maintain their beautiful patterns and colors. Consistent water conditions and low stress are key to their care.
- Scientific Name: Symphysodon sp. 'Snakeskin'
- Temperature: 27-30°C
- pH: 6.0-7.5
- Adult Size: Up to 20 cm (8 inches)
- Diet: Omnivorous with a preference for meaty foods
- Aquarium Size: Minimum 200 liters (50 gallons)
- Compatibility: Peaceful with other Discus and similarly tempered fish
- Water Hardness: Soft to medium-hard
Due to their delicate nature and need for pristine water conditions, Snakeskin Discus are recommended for intermediate to advanced fishkeepers.