Sterbai Cory (Corydoras sterbai)
The Sterbai Cory is a distinctive and highly sought-after bottom dweller known for its spotted body and orange-accented fins. This species is a hardy addition to any community aquarium and is revered for its energetic scavenging habits.
- Striking appearance with a polka-dotted body and contrasting fin colors
- Robust and adaptable to various water conditions
- Active bottom dwellers, contributing to a clean aquarium environment
- Social by nature, best kept in groups
Sterbai Corys are undemanding in their care but do appreciate a well-maintained tank with soft substrates to protect their delicate barbels. Regular water changes and a varied diet will keep these little scavengers happy and healthy.
- Scientific Name: Corydoras sterbai
- Temperature: 24 - 28°C (75 - 82°F)
- pH Level: 6.0 - 7.8
- Water Hardness: 2 - 15 dGH
- Size: Up to 7 cm (2.75 inches)
- Diet: Omnivore - enjoys a varied diet of pellets, flakes, and frozen foods
- Tank Size: Minimum 20 gallons for a small group
- Temperament: Peaceful and sociable
- Compatibility: Ideal for community tanks with other non-aggressive species