Cherry Barb (Puntius titteya)
The Cherry Barb is a peaceful and colorful freshwater fish that is a delight to watch. With its vibrant red coloration, it adds a splash of brilliance to any aquarium. It is relatively easy to care for, making it a great choice for both novice and seasoned aquarists.
- Vibrant cherry red coloration in males, especially during spawning
- Peaceful temperament, ideal for community tanks
- Hardy and adaptable to a range of conditions
- Schooling fish that prefers to be in groups
Cherry Barbs do best in a planted tank with plenty of cover and free swimming space. They are omnivores that will thrive on a varied diet of high-quality flake foods, live, and frozen offerings. Maintain a small school to see natural behaviors and to keep them happiest.
- Scientific Name: Puntius titteya
- Temperature: 23 - 27°C (73 - 81°F)
- pH Level: 6.0 - 8.0
- Water Hardness: 5 - 19 dGH
- Size: Up to 5 cm (2 inches)
- Diet: Omnivore
- Tank Size: Minimum 10 gallons
- Temperament: Peaceful
- Compatibility: Good with most community fish